When you decide it is time to create a new data file, you can:
- Export some or all of the lists from your old company data file.
- Open the lists, one by one, in Microsoft Excel and clean them up.
- Import them into your new company file.
- If you have Direct Deposit or Assisted Payroll, you must contact them FIRST so that they can set up your new data file and all of the info they need. Then you can import your item, customer, etc., lists and set up opening balances.
- If your lists are damaged:These procedures may be simple and straightforward, but make no mistake about it, it takes a lot of time and effort to complete it. Please do not undertake starting a new data file lightly.
- Exporting them and then importing them into your new file can copy the damage into your new file.
- If you suspect that your lists are damaged, import them and then check for the issues that caused you to start a new company file.
- If the issues exist in the new file, you should manually enter the lists into your new file.
- These procedures may be simple and straightforward, but make no mistake about it, it takes a lot of time and effort to complete it. Please do not undertake starting a new data file lightly.
- You cannot export existing transactions from your old company file. Moving transactions from one company file to another requires a third party software.